Career Vacancy : Temporary Field Coordinator Job Description
Employment Opportunity : African Population and Health Research Center Job Recruitment
Vacancy: Temporary Field Coordinator
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The APHRC requires a Field Coordinator to provide day-to-day support for the running of evaluation of World Food Programme (WFP) food and nutrition interventions in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei refugee camps, Kenya.
The WFP interventions aim to ensure refugees and asylum seekers in camps/settlements and populations affected by natural and man-made disasters have access to adequate food to meet their food and nutrition needs. This position includes general research and specific data management tasks to ensure that the evaluation activities run smoothly and that tasks are completed according to schedule.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Assist in the day to day coordination and supervision of project activities
- Supervision of field team – oversee performance of field staff and ensure quality data are collected
- Liaise with project teams to enhance the quality of data by resolving inconsistencies
- Produce fieldwork reports
- Coordinate qualitative and quantitative data collection and management
- Provide a daily report to the research team on the progress.
- Participate in field worker training
- Timely reporting of project related issues for quick and effective troubleshooting.
- Handling any other field logistics
- Any other project related activities as the project team may deem necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in public health or related field
- Be fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Previous experience working as a field coordinator/ team leader
The successful candidates will be engaged for a period of 2 months (April to May 2019).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to email@example.com, by close of business Wednesday April 10, 2019.
Please indicate the job title on as the subject of your email.
Application documents should include:
1. Cover letter
2. CV listing 2 referees
3. Copy of National ID
4. Copies of your academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: Applicants are not required to make any payments to anyone during any stage of the recruitment process.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.