Career Vacancy : Employee Relations Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Employee Relations Officer Job Recruitment
Job Title: Employee Relations Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide support to the HR Business Partners to manage a busy employee relations caseload, ensuring that the case list is routinely kept up-to-date.
- Organizing formal and informal employee relations meetings
- Liaising with the Occupational Health department to refer staff for an OH assessment, where applicable
- Dealing in the first instance, with all queries relating to leave. Checking eligibility criteria and calculating leave dates, as appropriate.
- Preparing sufficient copies of documentation for all formal and informal employee relations meetings e.g. grievances, disciplinaries, appeals etc. and ensuring these are distributed in accordance with company policy.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, ensures and oversees job evaluations.
- Administers and interprets various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures, and provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies.
- Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement.
- Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
- Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
- Manage a caseload of complex employee relations issues including identifying, analyzing, and implementing sound resolutions
- Assist in the design and use of analytics modeling and trending analysis specific to employee relations metrics for the purpose of providing evidence-based recommendations to management
- Manage employee separation issues, including risk assessment/management, exit processing, and exit interviews
- Interpret policy and labor law swiftly and accurately in a manner that results in sound recommendations to clients
- Bachelor’s or master’s in human resources or related field
- IHRM Certification
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in human resources with an emphasis in workplace investigations, conflict management, and employee relations
- Ability to research, analyze, and resolve allegations, compile and document detailed results, and compose summaries for management and executive review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to interact and develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels in order to gain support and achieve results
- Intermediate knowledge of employment law, compliance, labor relations subject matter
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with great critical thinking skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment and exercise good judgment with excellent follow-through
- Highly organized with the ability to be agile in reprioritizing tasks/work items as necessary
- Experience working as a professional advisor in situations requiring assessment of complex issues and facilitation of sound decisions involving high risk as well as confidential and sensitive matters
If you qualify for the above, kindly send your cv to email@example.com on or before 14th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is based in Mombasa, applicants must be willing to be stationed in Mombasa.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.