Career Vacancy : MERL Advisor Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Jhpiego Kenya Job Recruitment
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative healthcare solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planets most disadvantaged people.
The Impact Malaria Project awarded to PSI, managed by a consortium of partners, and funded by PMI / USAID, aims to reduce malaria-associated morbidity and mortality. In Kenya, the project is led by Jhpiego.
Impact Malaria supports malaria diagnosis, case management and prevention of malaria in pregnancy in 8 priority counties: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and Kisumu.
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent management and technical skills, who is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Advisor
Based in Nairobi
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the MERL Advisor will be responsible for all Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning (MERL) activities in the whole of the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project. S/he will lead the MER function of the project specifically, in the development of the M&E framework, monitoring of project implementation, reporting of the key project indicators, and take the lead in promoting and spearheading all learning activities of the project.
S/he will work closely with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and other implementing partners to lead M&E capacity building for the project partners, technical reporting, data quality assurance, and building the capacity for the implementation of an effective M&E/H MIS system.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of the MER activities of the project.
- Develop tools and strategies to improve evidence-based programming for improved malaria service delivery.
- Compile and analyze data for performance monitoring and evaluation to allow the project team have a good overview of project performance.
- Develop and maintain a system for archiving malaria M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations for each major activity undertaken.
- Provide leadership in program management and supervision of field staff; ensure timely program implementation, planning, development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Support development of national and county annual work plans and facilitate data-informed adaptation of the program work plans as needed.
- Provide technical support to M&E Committee of Experts at MOH.
- A Masters degree in M&E, computer science, statistics, epidemiology, or a public health-related field.
- 8 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation for public health projects.
- Experience working in monitoring and evaluation for malaria projects.
- Excellent understanding and management of USAID programs.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, and health information management systems.
- Knowledge of DHIS2 including developing dashboards with proven computer skills in Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SPSS and STATA.
- Basic monitoring and evaluation principles and procedures: programmatic, administrative, and financial skills needed to develop M&E Plans, HMIS formats, and work plans.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written and presentation.
Interested applicants should send an application & CV with 3 professional referees to the following email address:
by 26 April 2019
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.