Career Vacancy : VIROME Project Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Peer Counselor Job Recruitment
Job Vacancy: Peer Counselor – VIROME Project
Objective of this Position: To provide support for home visits for an observational cohort study of mothers and infants in Nairobi, Kenya.
Work schedule: Full time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Mathare North Health Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Travel with a research nurse to study participants’ homes to perform research procedures.
- Coordinate with clinical manager to obtain research supplies and manage supplies while in transit between participants’ homes.
- Record data in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with nurse partner and data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Assist nurses with preparation and storage of specimens for transfer; transfer samples to couriers.
- Attend meetings with the clinic manager and/or study coordinator to discuss research activities.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Peer counselling experience in HIV setting (offering HIV testing and counseling services)
- Understanding of Kenya Testing and Counselling services.
- Past experience in community based work (including home visits)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and accomplish tasks related to conducting home visits.
- Ability to work in different / diverse Community settings (with cultural awareness and sensitivity).
- Ability to ensure study participant confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a collaborative team.
- Responsive to communication with supervisors and team members.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send to firstname.lastname@example.org; their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email.
Closing date for applications is 16th April, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.