Career Vacancy : Community Facilitator Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Bunyala Maendeleo CBO Job Recruitment
Bunyala Maendeleo CBO (BUMA)
Job Title: Community Facilitator
Position Summary: Bunyala Maendeleo CBO (BUMA) seeks to recruit a Community Facilitator (CF) for its program in Bunyala South Ward in Budalang’i sub-County. The Community Facilitator will be involved in the day to day implementation of program activities in the program area.
The Community Facilitator is expected to work with the community to strengthen their capacity in areas of community and reproductive health, crop and livestock production, rural livelihoods and natural resource management through trainings, field visits and general extension approaches, networking, collaborations and overseeing the general implementation of the program activities.
The position will also entail liaising closely with government departments and other development agencies.
Position Location: The position will be based in Bunyala South Ward, Budalang’i sub-County, Busia County.
Deadline for receiving applications: May 3, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize community members and create awareness for purposes of implementing program activities in the designated program area.
- Coordinate field activities in close collaboration with community members and leaders of BUMA.
- Ensure that the program activities are implemented according to an approved plan and budget.
- Carry out or facilitate trainings of community members in the identified areas of need.
- Support BUMA and the community in general in establishing and enhancing strong collaboration with the relevant governmental and other development agencies working in the area to offer technical support to the program.
- Support BUMA in resource mobilization, carrying out program planning, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting and reporting.
- Closely monitor program activities and carry out evaluation and documentation of program outcomes.
- Liaise strongly with World Neighbors regional team on all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure equitable gender participation in all the program activities.
- Strengthen the capacity of BUMA to emerge as a strong, self-reliant, and community-driven organization addressing the development challenges of the community.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Have a professional training in at least one of the following areas: general agriculture, agribusiness, natural resource management, environmental health, community health or equivalent up to certificate level
- Diploma in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Three years experience in working with communities at the grassroots level
- Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations is an advantage
- Be computer literate especially in MS Office package including internet and email
- Be honest, a team player, self motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong mobilization and facilitation skills is a must
- Possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills and be fluent in both Manyala and English
- Be a Uganda citizen, and be willing to reside in Osieko, Bunyala South ward
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your CV and a cover letter to:
Bunyala Maendeleo CBO (BUMA)
P.O Box 70-40609,
OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.