Career Vacancy : User Experience Engineer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : SkyTOP Technologies Ltd Job Recruitment
SkyTOP Technologies Ltd
Job Vacancy: User Experience Engineer
SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for; the building & construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions enhance the adoption and use of computer aided design (CAD) and building information modelling (BIM), software programs, by professionals in this sectors; (architecture, engineering, design, survey), also students and trainers in education and training institutions (High schools, TVETS and Universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- A software program that seeks to let design professionals and learners in education institutions around the world become passionate and proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD SOFTWARE program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we expect to generate millions of dollars by providing innovative solutions that address the skills gap that exist within AutoCAD users around the world.
In order to tap on these opportunities, we are currently undertaking a restructuring and comprehensive expansion program.
Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization:
User Experience Engineer
Summary / Objective
Position Overview: Proactively engage with SkyTOP customers by providing solutions, direction and general troubleshooting. Collaborate closely with the customers to analyze trends in user activity to enable the SkyTOP User Network (SKUN), become an effective tool for achieving business objectives and have a direct influence to make the necessary changes, needed to increase customer satisfaction and dedication.
The individual will also obtain valuable feedback from our clients to facilitate enhancement of our products, and generate success stories.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for resolving customer issues reported to us via phone, chat, web, online forum and other channels. In addition to reacting to customer queries, you may also engage in variety of proactive support activities; developing and presenting screen-casts, hosting Q&A sessions in our online communities, and publishing technical articles on our website and other forums.
1. Respond to support requests via multiple channels, following documented processes.
2. Liaise with customers and provide feedback to the company on areas that need improvement
3. Document support interactions in a company –wide case management system.
4. Advance unresolved issues with senior staff as required.
5. Research verify, and document products defects.
6. Actively handle personal backlog of support requests.
7. Manage customer and partner expectations by providing timely updates on progress.
8. Document, maintain and publish user success stories
1. Participate in product BETA activities and product testing events organized by the Product Development teams
2. Remain informed on enhancements in supported products
3. Assist in the fundamental development and maintenance of knowledge base quality
4. Influence product management and product development teams to make improvements
1. 7+ years’ experience using Autodesk and AutoCAD
2. Strong customer service, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. A sales or marketing background is a plus.
3. Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Additional language skills are advantageous.
4. Experience using other AutoCAD verticals would be preferred.
1. People-minded: able to empathize with, respond to, and solve customer issues
2. Prompt: capable of making timely decisions based on sound logic and consideration on the consequences
3. Take initiative: have a strong sense of ownership, with a bias for action and willingness to roll-up your sleeves
4. Organized: able to clarify assignments, prioritize work and pay attention to detail, to ensure tasks are done in a timely and high quality manner
5. Strategic: able to offer articulate recommendations and rationale while building support from key decision makers
6. A wet sponge: actively listening to others in order to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
7. Intellectually curious: able to learn from mistakes, adapt to change, and seek out ways to develop new skills
8. Influential: be a role model, inspiring others and effecting a positive impact
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send a detailed CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for this application is 6/5/2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.