Career Vacancy : Procurement Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : IntraHealth International Job Recruitment
The goal of HRH Kenya project is to strengthen human resources for health systems in Kenya both at the National and County levels and ultimately improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the project is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Procurement Officer will work closely with the Country Office teams as well as Headquarters to establish, develop, strengthen, and ensure procurement compliance practices and procedures are met in addition to the procurement of goods and services.
- Serves as the lead procurement staff entrusted with ensuring compliance with IntraHealth and donor specific procurement and cost regulation.
- Works with the administration and program technical teams to develop and monitor annual procurement plans.
- Set up and continuously appraise the procurement systems/processes that meet IntraHealth and donor procurement standards.
- Serves as the lead person to prepare the annual prequalification exercise and ensure annual competitive bids from vendors for all major services and goods are prequalified every year.
- Takes lead in procurement for both routine and non-routine procurement which includes but not limited to solicitation and analysis of bids and presentation of the selected vendor for approval and generating requisite contracting instruments for approval.
- Ensure all purchases are necessary, budgeted for, and appropriate approvals are sought in strict adherence to procurement policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a goods receivable and issue system for the country office in order to ensure ordered goods and services are provided satisfactorily and subsequent billing received accurately.
- Coordinate and review the reconciliation and analysis of vendors invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services.
- Develop sound partnership with vendors, contractors and relevant government agencies to ensure vendors performance is monitored and appraised on a periodic basis.
- Maintain an up to date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents.
- Implement the Standard Operating Procedures for the procurement and logistics department
- Post all issued LPOs into quick books on real time basis.
- Receive goods from suppliers and verify against the LPO in consultation with the users
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and/or Business Management.
- At least 5 years working experience in managing a busy procurement section
- Knowledge of donor requirements (USAID and/or international procurement best practices
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Demonstrate understanding of federal procurement requirements, and evidence of experience in the design, development or enhancement of compliant policies, procedures, and training documents.
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is April 15, 2019
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.