Career Vacancy : Kenya Girl Guides Association Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Programme and Training Manager Job Recruitment
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Programme and Training Manager who will report to the Executive Officer.
Job Objectives: To apply expert knowledge of girls, girl issues, the Girl Guiding Experience, the National Guiding Programmes and in collaboration with volunteers and partners, deliver high-quality programme experiences to a growing number and diversity of girls.
The Programme Manager will also be responsible to assist in preparing project proposals and communicating potential funding sources for programme support.
- Develop programme, leader support and training, with the rest of the team under direction of the Executive Officer.
- Responsible for Nation-wide programme events.
- Implement, monitor and report outcome measurements for all programmes.
- Generate and submit regular stakeholder reports in collaboration with the finance team
- Develop and mainstream M&E and quality management system in collaboration with the finance team
- Recruit, select, place, train, supervise, and evaluate qualified programme delivery volunteers to carry out programme implementation and develop new programmes based on needs of girls and Guide leaders and National programme priorities.
- Provide support and guidance to National Trainers as they train new leaders.
- Develop resource materials that help volunteers deliver quality program at the unit level.
- Ensure the voice of the Girls is heard on issues they care about and provide support to empower them to change the world around them for the better
- Support the development of a platform to empower girls and young women in Kenya to speak out and influence issues they care about enabling them build a better world while at the same being the voice of the girls and young women
- Ensure high quality implementation of the Girl Guide Leadership Programme by collaborating with Volunteers to ensure that they understand the benefits of Guiding and the delivery the Guiding programme.
- Design innovative approaches in the area of program delivery and identify the need for additional National support.
- Develop and manage budgets in collaboration with the finance team to support programme delivery and to develop and implement fund raising strategies to support programme projects.
- Ensure that all Programme operations are carried out in compliance with county, regional and National regulations and laws.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with donors, members, volunteers, staff and community contacts.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 4 years experience in a senior management position in programme delivery.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Girl Guiding.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead and manage a team
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Kenya context
- Demonstrable expertise in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Experience working with private sector and government authorities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce results.
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Planning and delivering results
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd May 2019.
Indicate Programme and Training Manager in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.