Career Vacancy : Nut processing Company Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Assistant Production Manager Job Recruitment
Our client is a market leader in nut processing, value addition and marketing.
Due to unprecedented growth, they seek to hire an Assistant Production Manager.
Reporting to the Factory Manager they will be responsible for Management of Raw Kernel and Oils Processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate operating shifts (Cracking, sorting, packing and oils pressing) and where necessary report any challenges/rescheduling.
- Implement processing plans by assigning personnel duty, establishing priorities, monitoring progress and revising schedules and reporting results on a daily, weekly and monthly or as may be required.
- Compilation of daily, weekly and monthly processing data and professionally analyzing the same carefully analysing variances and provide reports to immediate reports.
- Ensure adherence to the highest standards of processing and good manufacturing practices (housekeeping, process material flow, order) and deviations addressed.
- Ensure proper segregation of material on process based on Lots, grades and styles in all steps as is required. Ensure all sorted kernels are within the international standard for grading, packing and finalized within 24 hours after cracking.
- Creation and revision of procedures and systems by analysing current operations, practice, records, controls and personnel requirements with an aim of improving the same.
- Coordinate cleaning of all equipment, machines and working areas to ensure no compromise of product quality and safety.
- Coordinate closely with the quality assurance department on processing material movements, sampling, personnel and equipment’s swabs analysis.
- Spearhead implementation and maintenance of Food safety (FS) and Quality Management (QMS) systems.
- Ensure safe and clean work environment by carrying out trainings and directing personnel on established health and safety procedures.
- Maintain a training tracker for all personnel in the department and ensure adherence on all stipulated training topics.
- Liaising with the engineering team on repairs and attendance of machines and equipment’s.
- Maintain the departments equipment’s and machines under good conditions
- Follow up on packaging materials stocks and other processing inputs, keep a stocks tracker and timely raising of necessary purchase requests.
- Compilation and maintenance of staff data, daily, weekly and monthly performance.
- Ensure all personnel working in the department have all necessary (company and legal) requirements medical examination and PPEs
- Prepare and submit weekly ROI and bi-monthly ROPE reports.
- Ensure all materials quantities issued to warehouse are processed accurately in records and the SAP system
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual material reconciliation is done for both macadamia and oil pressing operations
- Research on macadamia and oil processing to keep abreast with any new processing techniques.
- Any other duty assigned by the Factory Manager or Operations Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- A holder of Degree in Food Technology & Science qualification
- A mature person able to make sound and wise decisions
- Have a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a food processing/packaging set up
- Must have ISO systems and standards knowledge and experience
- Must be of unquestionable integrity and team leadership skills
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move and please forward your updated CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Kindly DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th June 2019.
Due to tight timelines and expected large application s volumes, only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.