Career Vacancy : ICRC Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Mother and Child Trainer Job Recruitment
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of.
Mother and Child Trainer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The incumbent will be responsible for guaranteeing that mother and child (MCH) related knowledge is understood, known and shared by all concerned ICRC health staff in Africa.
S/he analyses, designs, leads, manages, coordinates, implements, evaluates and adapts the trainings, in respect of the development and knowledge management strategy, in coordination with the Health LnD Manager Geneva and the Regional midwife Nairobi.
Tasks and responsibilities
- S/he in charge of MCH training of ICRC resident and mobile staff in African operational delegations;
- S/he is responsible to develop MCH related training to be delivered, according to recognized needs and national and international protocols, at delegation, sub-delegation level, health center level and other levels of care; in collaboration with the regional midwife
- Coordinates global training delivery for the métier, organizes a number of specific face-to-face courses, conducts training sessions and bedside training, and provides reporting on her/his tasks;
- S/he respects ICRC MCH strategies, validated protocols and related documents;
- S/he captures the learning needs from the regional midwife in collaboration with health management team at delegation level;
- Contributes to evaluating Learning and Development programs;
- Organizes regular contact with Midwifes and health delegates of the countries she covers.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwife or related field;
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience with at least 2 years in training delivery (preferably Humanitarian Organization);
- MUST be fluent in written and spoken English as well as French;
- MUST have knowledge of adult-learning approaches and practices, assessment and evaluation;
- Proven experience in pedagogy;
- Computer Proficient.
The interested candidates should submit their applications with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Mother and Child Trainer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. French language certification MUST be attached.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.