Career Vacancy : Learning Support Coordinator Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Nairobi Waldorf School Trust Job Recruitment
Nairobi Waldorf School Trust
Job Vacancy: Learning Support Coordinator
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust was founded in 1999. We welcome more than 300 children on two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya. The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8. The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1 and 2.
We have over 45 teachers and staff across both campuses, including academic educators, learning support staff, musicians, games coaches, grounds keepers, full service kitchen staffs, security teams and administration. What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, as increasing demands of modern life and its related social, political, and economic issues require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community which shares the vision of raising and educating children holistically, in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute toward establishing a more peaceful and sustainable world.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa. Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, offering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike.
We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees comprised of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community. They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staff appointments.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The Pedagogical Chair
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2019
Job Purpose: The Learning Support Coordinator will work closely with learning support teachers and regular teachers to support student learning and serve as the Coordinator of the Kolisko Group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing children with special needs and referring them for further assessment where possible.
- Collaborating with teachers to develop a team teaching model in class which meets the needs of all students
- Communicating, updating, and consulting with sta? and parents regarding relevant learning support programs/ topics.
- Liaising with outside agencies such as educational psychologist where necessary to refer our learners to seek any assistance where need be.
- Creating and maintaining a regular system of monitoring, assessing, record keeping, and reporting of the learner’s progress.
- Delivering effective communication to parents and stakeholders on school program, student achievements, and behavior.
- Assisting with learner’s assessment during recruitment, admission, and enrollment.
- Developing and implementing Individual Education Programs (IEPs).
- Supporting class teachers in the implementation of personalized learning models.
- Working closely with class teachers and learning support teachers to ensure the learners support services are harmonized, coherent, and mutually supportive to meet the needs of the learner.
- Coordinating the Kolisko Group, the school’s learning support team.Organizing and delivering sta? development training to learning support teachers and the Kolisko Group.
- Organizing and chairing learners centered review and assessment as appropriate.
- Participating in sta?, parent, and student meetings.
- Any other assigned duties.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education or equivalent
- Must be registered with TSC
- Certified Teaching Certificate
- Certificate in Waldorf Education is an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years professional experience in a similar role
Required Skills and Competences
- Special needs training
- Experience in learning support programs
- Ability to create Individual Education Plans
- Computer literacy
- Possess effective communication skills and relate well with all students, teachers, and support staff
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a standard of excellence and attention to detail
- Display patience, flexibility, stress tolerance, independent initiative, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate leadership skills, cooperation, and the ability to work on a team
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title Learning Support Coordinator on the subject line by Friday the 31st May, 2019.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.