Career Vacancy : Sonographer Interns Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Safe Waters and Aids Project Job Recruitment
Safe Waters and Aids Project
Description: As part of our research efforts towards evaluating Morbidity, Operational Research in Western Kenya for Bilharziasis Implementation Decisions, the Safe Water and Aids Project (SWAP) is pleased to announce the Internship vacancy below.
Position: Sonographer Interns
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for performing abdominal ultrasound to measure the liver and spleen size as well as measuring the portal branch thickness and portal vein diameter in all Study Participants. The Sonographer should be able to take the images and analyse the findings for any pathology.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Science from Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized institution.
- Registration with the Radiation Protection Board of Kenya.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills (Oral and Written).
- Flexibility in working hours when needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of quality and accurate diagnostic imaging procedures in line with MORBID Study protocol and Standard Procedures.
- Differentiating between normal and pathologic findings using independent judgement during Ultrasound Examination.
- Managing work schedule to assure workload coverage.
- Participate in quality assurance procedures and ensure that procedures are followed.
- Troubleshoot supplies issues in the department within the Study.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Study Coordinator and Investigators.
- Uphold the mission and vision of Safe Waters and AIDs Project.
Terms of Internship: The Internship will be for a fixed period of three months. Payments will be within appropriate SWAP scales and demonstrated competency.
Applications must indicate the following:
1. A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications.
2. Curriculum Vitae with a daytime telephone number.
3. Copies of your Certificates and Testimonials.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications to: Human Resource, Safe Waters and AIDs Project on Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due not later than: May 21st, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.