Career Vacancy : SOS Children’s Villages Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Human Resource & Administration Manager Job Recruitment
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOS CV KE) is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
Human Resource & Administration Manager – National Office Nairobi
Key Functions of the Job
The Human Resource & Administration Manager will act as a strategic partner, provide technical expertise and guidance and overall coordination of the functional areas:
Recruitment, Induction and Onboarding, Payroll Management, Record
Management,Performance Management, Learning and Development, Employee Relations and Compensation.
S/he will undertake various duties which include but are not limited to:
- Reviews human resources management practices on a continuous basis, and develops new strategies and policies, which enhance the long-term commitment of the staff.
- Review and monitor the annual human resource budget and ensure effective implementation of the national human resource strategy.
- Human Resource Planning for all staff to ensure that all staff are optimally utilized
- Co-ordinate staff Recruitment & Selection, Orientation & Placement to respective departments
- Take lead in Providing support, guidance and counsel to staff at all levels. Ensures open communication channels are maintained at all times.
- Promotes good working relationships in the organization by providing guidance and advice to management and employees on the appropriate policies and procedures with regards to disciplinary cases.
- Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Co-ordinate and advice the National Director and the Board on best available options when matters regarding labour disputes arise.
- Lead in implementing a vibrant performance management system in the organization to achieve quality and operational efficiency.
- Designs and supports relevant learning and development programs for all staff in order to ensure staff are provided with adequate opportunities for self- improvement and progression within the organisation.
- Oversee the implementation of Compensation and Benefit strategies by coordinating periodic salary surveys, satisfaction and engagement surveys and designing compensation packages that motive staff.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management OR An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management from reputable institutions.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ relevant professional experience with three years in a senior/supervisory role, prefarably in an NGO set up
- A masters degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent disicipline will be an added advantage
- Certified Human Resource (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate
- Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of staff in the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent knowledge in core human resources functions and a strong grasp of employment legislation and regulations in Kenya.
- Demonstrated Ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions
- Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 20th May 2019 by email to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.