Career Vacancy : Human Needs Project Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Technical Services Director Job Recruitment
Organization: Human Needs Project (HNP)
Job Title: Technical Services Director
Organization Background: HNP, a Kenyan social enterprise and U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit, builds sustainable community centers that provide slums with clean drinking water, washing facilities, toilets, and showers, as well as adult education, skills training, micro-lending, and Internet access.
HNP is a collaborative effort among academic, energy experts, and local leaders to build resilience in some of the most vulnerable regions of the world and to address the lack of basic services common in slums due to shocks and stresses.
HNP opened the doors of its Kibera Town Centre in Kibera in July 2014. Kibera Town Centre is a locally-driven, high-impact, innovative solution that provides affordable access to critical human services for thousands of people in Kibera with the skills to lift themselves out of poverty.
Job Purpose: HNP is rapidly scaling up its water, sanitation and energy services to the residents of Kibera community making it necessary to recruit a senior level experienced engineer to head up the Maintenance & Basic Services infrastructure departments.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Technical Services will be part of the senior management team of KTC/HNP Kenya and will be responsible for directing coordinating controlling and managing the KTC’s engineering operations and maintaining its infrastructure.
The successful candidate will also furnish the KTC/HNP management and the Board with regular technical reports containing various analyses recommendations counsel and information concerning the technical operations/activities of the KTC.
He/she will also facilitate effective efficient and sustainable provision of water, sanitation, electrical and basic services as per HNP performance indicators and in compliance with HNP Kenya policy while meeting performance targets.
1. Directing, coordinating, controlling and managing KTC’s technical operations and maintenance of water, sanitation and energy infrastructure to ensure that water, sewerage and energy services are provided to the required standards.
2. Steering the development of departmental policies, procedures and action plans in line with the KTC/HNP Kenya’s mission and objectives.
3. Overseeing sourcing, production, treatment and effective distribution of water and sanitation services to the Kibera community;
4. Providing strategic and technical leadership in the Technical Services Department to ensure provision of high quality services to customers.
5. Overseeing construction and maintenance of the water, sanitation and energy infrastructure;
6. Ensuring the quality checks are carried out on the water, sanitation and energy infrastructure on time and remedial action taken;
7. Overseeing preparation of comprehensive departmental reports and budgets, to the Country Executive Director to facilitate decision-making;
8. Ensuring that water, sanitation and energy infrastructure is operated and maintained to the required standards;
9. Providing technical expertise and advice in the acquisition of contractors and consultants for both minor and major works;
10. A core team member at KTC responsible for high-level concept, technology and process development;
11. Oversee day-to-day technology and product development activities and related testing;
12. Advance new concepts well beyond Concept phase, obtain full-project budget and resourcing, and set the course to deliver new technical services to market.
Education & Qualifications
1. At least 7 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial or supervisory position in the Water, Sanitation or Energy sector.
2. B.Sc in Water Engineering or related field. Masters highly preferred
3. Must be computer literate(MS Office) and have practical experience in report writing
4. Advanced knowledge of hybrid energy systems
5. Must be ‘hands-on’ engineer with excellent stakeholder’s relationship management.
6. Good understanding of watsan and energy issues facing Kibera residents
Skills & Experience
1. Experience working with educational or nonprofit institutions.
2. Direct field experience in working in slum/low income settings a plus (qualified Kibera residents are encouraged to apply)
3. Demonstrate familiarity with donor funded projects and familiarity with water sector management
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills
5. Self driven and capable of working with minimum supervision
6. Must have superior verbal and communication skills
7. Must show and have ability to Multitask
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and salary requirements to Ms. Viola Chepchumba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.