Career Vacancy : Director General Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Communications Authority of Kenya Job Recruitment
Communications Authority of Kenya (CA)
Vacancy Notice: Director General
The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) is the regulatory agency responsible for facilitating the development of the Information, Communications and Technology sector, including broadcasting, multimedia, telecommunications, postal and courier services, cyber-security and electronic commerce.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self -driven individual to fill the position of the Director General.
The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Officer and secretary to the Board of the Authority and shall bear the responsibility for the day-to -day management of the Authority.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director General shall:
1. Manage the day-to-day business of the Authority.
2. Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
3. Provide overall leadership to the Authority.
4. Develop and recommend to the Board, the Authority’s strategic plans, work plans and annual operating budgets.
5. Establish proper internal control systems and procedures.
6. Foster and maintain effective communication between the Board and Management, all levels of staff and between the Authority and external Stakeholders.
7. Act as the principal spokesman of the Authority on administrative matters.
8. Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and responsiveness of ICT regulatory frameworks.
9. Ensure industry stakeholders comply with the regulatory frameworks.
10. Ensure continuous achievements of the Authority’s mission, vision, operating goals and objectives.
11. Maintain a conducive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates skilled and talented employees.
12. Foster a corporate culture that promotes implementation of ethical and good corporate governance practices.
13. Ensure compliance with the laws of Kenya.
14. Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives.
The successful applicant should possess extensive leadership and managerial experience of at least 15 years, 10 of which must be at a senior managerial level.
He/she must also possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline and must be affiliated to a professional body.
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience preferably in a regulatory environment.
Appointment to the position will be on contract for a term of four (4) years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance.
If you fulfill the aforementioned requirements and would like to take up the challenge, you are invited to apply not later than 18th June 2019 at 5.00 pm.
Applications for the position must be accompanied by the following documents:
a) A detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, certificate of admission to professional bodies
b) Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
c) Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
d) Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
e) Clearance by the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
Please note that the Self-Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) should indicate the Authority as the State Office for which declaration is being submitted.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted and invited for interviews.
Applications, which should be submitted quoting Ref: CA.DG/HCA2019 and sent to email@example.com, may also be hand delivered in a clearly marked and sealed envelope addressed to:
Board of Directors
Communications Authority of Kenya
CA Centre, Waiyaki Way
P.O Box 14448
CA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.