Career Vacancy : ICRC Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Communication Officer Job Recruitment
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent contributes to developing and implementing the Delegation’s strategy on proximity communication, aimed at enhancing acceptance of the ICRC and the National Societies.
S/he contributes to designing, planning and implementing Communication projects and activities in coordination with Communication/prevention manager. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally, building the necessary understanding and acceptance of support for the ICRC among key stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contributes to defining communication and, where relevant, prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti;
- Analyses public sources and perceptions in the field to detect reputation issues concerning the ICRC and the International Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement;
- Implements relevant activities and develops tools for operational communication, community engagement and promoting IHL;
- Jointly with the National Society communication colleagues, conducts operational communication sessions;
- Advises and coaches National Society staff and volunteers on operational communication activities;
- Promotes and distributes products that target television and digital news broadcasters;
- Designs and rolls out a community engagement strategy and plan of action;
- Produces web-optimized content to engage with key web audiences.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree in a relevant field such as communication, political science, international relations, journalism or law;
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in a field relevant to Communication and Prevention;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in audio visual production;
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in the country/ region covered;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili. French is an added advantage;
- Experience in capacity building of National Societies and IHL knowledge is an asset.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 10th July 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Communication Officer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificate & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.