Career Vacancy : SAPCONE Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Human Resource Internship Job Recruitment
SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non–governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below.
Position: Human Resource Internship
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities
Services and Administration
- In a collaborative manner, work with the HRM to maintain up-to-date records for all staff in relation to;
- Update all personnel files for staff with recruitment documentations per the recruitment tracking tool.
- Update Recruitment files to ensure that the documentation in the recruitment files contains all the documents as per the checklist and follow up with the field HRO’s for missing documentation.
- Support in filing pending staff records to ensure up to date records on file.
- Maintain centralized registers for all documentation received and dispatched in relation to leave, training, performance management, benefits enrollment, and staff files and advise the HRO and/orHRM concerned of any gaps.
- Manage all transactional processes related, but not limited to,
-Maintain a stock of stationery for the department to ensure that all staff in the department have adequate supplies.
-Prepare payment requisitions when requested
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submission of information that contributes to the payroll e.g. promotions, resignations, absconding, confirmation of hours etc.
- Updates the payroll system and records all the details of new employees, transfers, promotions and exits, while ensuring accuracy of data and timeliness.
- Ensures that all payroll changes are authorized prior to implementation in relations to Salary adjustments
- Payment preparations for all subsidiaries as stipulated by the company plan i.e. Advance and End month payments respectively.
- Issue payslips to all staff.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory requirements to the relevant body while observing the deadlines date as stipulated by the law.
- Coordinate with HELB on staff deduction and submission.
- Review of the payroll system and update on upgrade where necessary.
HR & Office Administration
- Developing and reviewing the organizational human resources strategy, plans, policies and procedures in compliance with the business strategy growth plan and all objectives.
- Developing the HR budget and co-ordinating the HR initiatives for the Group and subsidiaries ensuring the activities are within budget, meet the dynamic business requirements which must be aligned to the corporate strategic mandate.
- Developing and managing the recruitment and selection processes and channels across the Group to ensure subsidiaries are provided with qualified talent.
- Developing effective people management policies, processes and systems including the performance appraisal, management and recognition process, which aid the businesses in managing teams and maintaining a high-performance culture.
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures for employee relations management, enhancing employee communications and ensuring proper management of staff amenities and occupational and health safety across the subsidiaries.
Employee Relations and Welfare
- Handling grievances amicably from members and ensuring summaries of undertakings are documented.
- Providing guidance on company policies and procedures and country legislation to the management and all staff members
- Continuously ensure that the company is inline with the prevailing Labour statutes.
- Develop staff welfare programs to ensure retention
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or Business Administration; An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a PGD in Human Resources Management is also acceptable
- Internship of at least 6 months continuously in a similar position
- Similar experience with an INGO will be an added advantage
- A solid understanding of the Labour laws and Practices in Kenya is a must
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the SUBJECT or the ENVELOP.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to the
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
or Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Monday 1st July, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.