Career Vacancy : Head of Security Services Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) Job Recruitment
Career Opportunities in Ports, Shipping and Maritime Logistics Industry
Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa, and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill the following vacant posts in the Authority.
Head of Security Services
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Security Services will provide overall leadership in security matters at the Authority ensuring and for maintaining a security compliant environment that supports KPA operations using adequate security control measures to protect the Authority’s assets, equipment and cargo.
- Draw and ensure compliance to the Port Facility Security Plan;
- Formulate implement and review the Authority’s security policies, SOPs, ISO Quality Management Systems (QMS) manual and security guidelines and procedures;
- Establish adequate security measures for all equipment and cargo within all port facility areas and Inland Container Depots;
- Oversee and ensure adherence to security requirements and procedures in all security Port zones including compliance with the International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Code;
- Provide direction and guidance in security threats and trends and advise on any new regulatory requirements;
- Prepare and lead timely audits of the Port Facility Security; and
- Establish and nurture good stakeholder relations in the management of the security function.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields; Criminology, Security Management, Criminal justice or any other related field;
- Possess relevant security qualification; and specialised knowledge in security management;
- A Masters degree in Security Management field or any other related field will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years served in managerial position (s) in significant organisation (s) with similar complexity as Kenya Ports Authority; and
- Be computer literate.
Candidates will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you meet the relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, your curriculum vitae, details of your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 14 June 2019.
For the full details about these positions, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohrriatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte Consulting Limited
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.