Career Vacancy : Mercy Corps Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Driver / Admin Assistant Job Recruitment
Vacancy Advertisement: Driver / Admin Assistant
The AgriFin Program will operate in four African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria and Ethiopia) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially.
The program involves three interrelated components that seek to address low farmer productivity and capability and improve institutional ability to deliver appropriate products and build ecosystems to drive scale.
We work with farmers, banks, mobile network operators, MFIs, research institutes and other ecosystem players in well-defined partnerships to sustainably bundle services, leveraging the offer and outreach of all partners, while increasing the range of services, access points and value for farmers.
The program works with partners to identify, prototype, test and scale successful mobile-enabled services for smallholders, with a key focus on expanding access to financial services, using a rapid iteration approach to product development and client-centric design techniques.
We are presently looking for a committed and dynamic individual to take up the position of Driver / Admin Assistant.
General Position Summary: The driver / admin assistant will provide safe, transport services for MC programs and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility).
The driver/ admin assistant will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department while also supporting the admin function, including assisting in travel and taxi bookings and coordination, filing of Admin documents, documenting minutes in staff meetings and ensuring that the office is clean and safe.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
2. Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
3. Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics department;
4. Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
5. Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
6. Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
1. Assist, as required, with logistics, program and admin functions in their respective offices; including but not limited to management and coordination of travel arrangements including flight and accommodation bookings and Taxi for Mercy Corps staff and guests, and other admin responsibilities as required and prepare payment documents related to this.
2. Manage the Reception- Receive and responds to all inquiries made at the reception by providing directions, Instructions, promotional materials, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons.
3. Assist with filing for all admin and program related documents
4. Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors whenever necessary;
5. Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
6. Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
7. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Direct supervision of: N/A
- Reports Directly To: Operations Officer.
- Works Directly With: Operations, Program and Finance teams.
- Diploma in Business Administration or any related field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 3 years’ experience driving in Nairobi and its neighboring environs
- First Aid Course and with proven experience in First Aid management preferred.
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules.
- Understanding of written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
- Basic Motor Vehicle Mechanic course required.
- Previous experience in handling Admin related duties is required.
- Effective time management skills including priority setting and responding to short notice travel requests.
- Able to work on weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable, flexible and a committed person.
- Ability to or simultaneously with an excellent sense of judgement
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before Monday 17th June 2019 by 5.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
NB: Mercy Corps does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.