Career Vacancy : Regional Recruitment Coordinator Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Save the Children International Job Recruitment
Save the Children International
Job Title: Regional Recruitment Coordinator, East and Southern Africa
Team / Programme: HR
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade: Nat 3
Contract Length: 2 years
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Role Purpose: The position is responsible for the full lifecycle of recruitment including designing and implementing effective resourcing strategies, building collaborative internal and external relationships and networks.
This position will increase our talent pool to ensure talent is representative of the country Offices we serve and is able to respond to the changing needs of the East and South African context.
The co-ordinator will implement best practices to recruit individuals who are aligned with the organizational culture while ensuring Save the Children International is an employer of choice.?They will also be charged with creating a positive candidate experience .
The post holder will also provide administrative support to the end-to-end recruitment process, helping to ensure a high quality/high touch candidate experience and ensuring solid support to Country Office HR departments. You will also be involved in supporting continuous improvement projects to ensure we continue to deliver to a high standard.
As a member of the Regional Human Resources team and in close collaboration with the Regional Recruitment Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and advising the country programmes on the Recruitment processes ,tools and system
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Regional Recruitment Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Regional dimensions: Save the Children works in 12 countries in the East and Southern Africa Region with a current staff complement of approximately 5,500 staff and current expenditure in excess of $350 million each year.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- The role holder will collaborate and Partner with hiring managers in identifying job requirements and understanding their hiring needs
- Ensure exemplary Customer service to hiring managers, HR Directors and HR teams across the Region
- Advising Hiring Managers and Recruiters on interviewing methods and evaluation techniques
- Schedule and coordinate interviews cooperatively with hiring managers
- Provide regular status updates and feedback to managers
- Assist in Capacity building of Hiring Managers and Country Offices
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies, ensure enhanced and creative recruiting channels and resources in support of organizational staffing objectives. Using online channels and digital platforms for crafting sourcing strategies
- You will play a critical role in ensuring that we are hiring the best possible talent and achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, advising managers, talent pipelining and our intern program.
- Participating in career events and job fairs for boosting the reputation of the company
- Determining the most suitable job advertising techniques (e.g. job boards, social networks and careers pages)
- Managing Requisitions on E-recruitment platform, including Screening applications/resumes.
- Ask for referrals from current employees, acquaintances and industry professionals
- Browsing resume databases and portfolio sites.
- Evaluating candidates on the set criteria whilst maintaining objectivity and providing panels with good interviewing guidance.
- Interviewing candidates through various stages of recruitment,
- Facilitate pre-employment testing
Research and networking
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and techniques
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends
- Networking and research – Join social media groups and professional networks and interact with potential candidates. Sending recruiting emails to passive candidates and following up when necessary.
- Keep in touch with past applicants. Use Boolean search to look for qualified candidates for hard-to-fill roles maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending policy improvements and practices
- Providing interview feedback as needed and sending rejection letters
- Answering the queries of candidates related to the hiring process
- Manage all communication with candidates
Operational recruitment support
- Updating job descriptions, such as adding tasks or modifying requirements
- Reporting on the status of open jobs across the Region
- Maintain organized databases with candidates’ data and pipelines. maintain accurate and current applicant database brief and debrief candidates before and after interviews
- Verify references
- Conduct background checks on prospective employees
- Assist in arranging Senior management interviews by coordinating schedules; arrange travel etc.
- Manage intern program by conducting orientations; schedule rotations and assignments; monitor intern job contributions; advise managers on training and coaching
- Enhance compliance in line with Save the Children Safe Recruitment practices.
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
- On boarding – Overseeing the on boarding of new hires. organize new employee orientation
- Support Country offices with common system issues.
Emergency recruitment support
- Deployable to humanitarian contexts within the Region to support with Emergency Response Scale up in order to support programming.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Sound knowledge of full cycle recruiting
- Proven work experience as a Head-hunter, Recruitment Officer, Recruitment Business Partner or a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing techniques with particular emphasis on LinkedIn. Familiarity with other social media networks and professional platforms.
- Good working knowledge and experience of INGO’s
- Sound experience of E-Recruitment systems. Taleo working knowledge is an added advantage.
- Experience with resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Sound knowledge of all labor regulations
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple open roles simultaneously
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Have a great eye for skill and judge of character
- Be able to gain people’s confidence and put them at ease
- Be persuasive, persistent and patient
- Ability to cope with pressure and complexity
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have a mature personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Exceptional IT skills
- Willingness to undertake significant amounts of travel to the country offices for training, support and capacity building purposes
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Additional job responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Child Safeguarding: We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can CLICK HERE to view the profile and apply for this position through the URL. Please circulate widely.
The advert will close on 11th July 2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.