Career Vacancy : journalists Internship Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Tech For Development Job Recruitment
Internship opportunity for bloggers / content creators / journalists
Tech For Development – T4D is an international tech consultancy and capacity building firm based in Nairobi Kenya.
Our core business is in design, development, implementation and management of software solutions such as mobile applications, mobile applications for data collection and web-based information systems.
We are also involved in digital content creation and publishing. The content platforms are explained below.
Content Platforms (blogs)
This portal was conceptualized to provide a step by step guide to tasks carried out by people in their day to day lives. The idea is to bring the information closer to the people in an aggregated and easily accessible portal.
It is worth noting that, the information found here is also available in host/source websites. Unfortunately most of these sites are not well optimized for search engines making them rank poorly on search results. This means that the information they hold cannot be found on search engines and therefore is of no value to the intended consumers.
It is with this backdrop that howto.co.ke was born.
This portal serves as a knowledge portal and a news channel.
The idea is to bring interesting and valuable news and information to the people and keep them entertained, educated, informed and empowered. The categories in this channel are:
- General – General information and news.
- Politics – Political news
- Entertainment – News around the entertainment industry e.g. music, celebrity gossip, theatre etc.
- People – News around people with notable or extraordinary contributions to the society, e.g. CEO, inventors, sportsmen etc.
- Places – News meant to inform people of interesting places on earth. These could be touring/hiking sites, hotels, historical sites, monuments etc
- Sports – News around sports and sporting events
- Technology – News around tech trends
- Reviews – Vehicle, gadgets, home appliances reviews
We invite applications for the internship position as referenced.
The successful candidates are to be attached to the content platforms explained above (howto.co.ke and know.co.ke) and the associated social media channels.
Their duties will be to:
- Research, write, and publish interesting and informative articles/videos in a professional, ethical, and unbiased way
- Publish the articles to the blogs. As such, computer and web systems literacy is mandatory
- Share articles on social networks
- Conduct SEO
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, Mass communication or any other related fields.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge in modern online publication tools and channels especially blogs, Youtube, social media is a must
- Proven record and experience in digital content creation
- Familiarity and knowledge in photography, video and audio content gathering and editing skills
- Enthusiasm and knowledge in current affairs and modern trends is mandatory
- Ability to work alone or in a team
Starting Salary: 20,000.00
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th August 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.