Career Vacancy : Business Development Assistant Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Business Development Assistant Job Recruitment
Kenya Orient Life Assurance
Job Title: Business Development Assistant
Division / Department: Corporate Business
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Pensions & Corporate Business
Overall Responsibility: To play a key role in acquisition of new business on deposit administration schemes, Individual pension plans and Umbrella pension schemes and in accordance with the set targets conserve all existing business by timely service delivery including proposing new methods for enhanced market development and penetration, soliciting & acquiring business from individuals, corporates and large clients, new product development and competitor analysis.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business Promotion and Development
- Ensure that accurate and competitive quotations in respect of Pensions products are prepared and delivered promptly to prospective clients, brokers and intermediaries.
- Coordinate with the brokers with a view to keep cordial relationships with them and other marketing intermediaries.
- Identify market opportunities and make recommendations towards development of targeted value-product offerings for viable market segments.
- Meeting established business development and organic growth targets in sales, new business acquisition, renewals and premium income through coordinated marketing strategies.
- Train the sales force in liaison with the Agency leaders on pensions products in an effort to ensure product knowledge remain well rated within the sales team.
- Evaluating market coverage and penetration, and proposing new methods e.g. designing mass prospecting strategies, for enhanced market coverage and penetration.
2. Pension business documentation, policy issuance & withdrawals.
- Ascertain new business requirements and documentations for contractual agreements and subsequent policy document issuance.
- Verification of all proposal forms submitted and ensure they are accurate and all information is provided.
- Issue pension fund balance statements to schemes and members of the fund.
- Amend and ensure any policy amendments and endorsements are promptly done.
- Continuously prepare pensions related reports for management and for ease of Actuarial valuation exercises.
- Provide Fund Administration services to the clients in line with the Retirement Benefits Authority Regulations
- Update, inform and train trustees on various responsibilities as governed by the law.
- Ensure payment of members withdrawing and in-service death benefits from the respective schemes.
- Assist in credibility and accountability of the scheme funds in liaison with the scheme administrator and Fund manager.
- Convene advisory meetings with the scheme trustees for guidance and advice in accordance to RBA and KRA.
- Provision of any information deemed necessary by the Auditors of the respective policies/schemes.
Any other duties arising thereof and as directed by supervisor from time to time.
Critical success factors for the job
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Holder of Pensions/Insurance professional papers or pursuing
- At least 2 years in Pensions Administration or Insurance business or related marketing field
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Monday, December 9th 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.