Kenya Orient Life Assurance
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Corporate
Reporting to: Assistant General Manager – Underwriting & Business Development
Job Reference: KOIL/HR/BDC001/2019
Function: Underwriting & Business Development
Key Relationship (Internal): Work closely with underwriting, reinsurance, claims and regional managers
Purpose of the role
1. The position will be responsible for the identification and opening of new markets, recruitment and growing business from new intermediaries.
2. Soliciting and acquiring business from corporates and large clients including government institutions and SMEs.
3. Key champion in developing new products and conducting competitor analysis.
A: QUANTITATIVE = 60%
1. New Leads and opportunities
- Acquiring and retaining new business by generating leads
• Identifying new markets and business opportunities to increase sales revenue.
• Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients
• Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
• Reviewing, evaluating and pricing moderately complex business by applying sound underwriting judgement and adhering to company policy and Industry Regulatory Framework.
• Creating deal pipelines that lead to substantial conversions
2. Quote to cash
- Achieving average revenue per product
- Converting issued quotes to revenue
- Reviewing financial performance of accounts against budget
3. Loss Ratio
- Managing the quality of business to maintain the agreed level of claims ratios
- Reviewing, managing and controlling the claims registered and paid to achieve set claims / loss ratios
4. Product Development and Marketing
- Spearheading product development and enhancement initiative.
- Conducting market campaigns, activations and product sales drives.
- Reviewing existing products to maximise on revenue
B: INTERNAL CONTROLS & RISK MANAGEMENT COMPLIANCE = 20%
1. Adherence to Credit & Underwriting Policy
- Carrying out periodic reviews of the department’s policies and procedures to ensure their relevance to the business strategy and changing organizational needs.
2. Internal Controls and Reporting
- Preparing annual budget for the sales and business development function and ensure proper budgetary control
- Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Offering input and feedback to long range, strategic and budget planning processes.
- Preparing periodical management reports
C: QUALITATIVE PERFOMANCE & COMPETENCIES = 20%
1. Brand Promotion & Competitive Analysis
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with brokers, agents and clients. Also maintaining close liaison with other departments in the Company.
- Fostering and maintaining good corporate image through liaison with all intermediaries and the general public
- Maintaining high public relations amongst clients
- Training of intermediaries and staff on our products, selling & closing skills and relationship management.
- Recruiting new intermediaries.
- Conducting market intelligence and keep management informed of changing trends.
- Carrying out market research and competitor surveys.
- Visiting, developing and maintaining good rapport with customers and handling their queries and reporting on any significant/persistent concerns to management.
- Clarifying and articulating the diverse requirements of customers to support delivery of professional excellence and expertise.
- Using customer insight to determine and drive customer service outcomes and quality.
- Advising the Assistant General Manager and the Management on issues pertaining to the business
- Closely follow up on all leads within a 24 hour response time line client
- Excellent customer service and complaints handling
3. Living KOIL Values
- Customer Driven
- Team Work
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- ACII or AIIK Professional qualification
- 12 years relevant working experience, Four (4) of which should have been at a managerial level
Competencies and Skills
- Relationship building for influence
- Result Oriented
- Committed and self-driven
- High standards of integrity and professionalism
- Self-initiative and innovative
- Thorough knowledge of insurance products, regulations, product development and underwriting.
- Understanding of general insurance distribution chain and route to market
- Key account management
- Risk management
- Effective communication
- Good negotiation
- Great presentation
- Leadership skills
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Monday, December 9th 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.